Priority Services: Helping our customers who need it most
We all rely on electricity day to day for various things, but for some of our customers, a power cut can be particularly distressing and difficult. That’s why we offer extra help and support during a power cut. Registering for our Priority Services helps us to help you when you need it most.
All our Priority Services are free and offer:
• Dedicated 24 hour Priority Services phone number.
• Priority updates during a power cut.
• Nominate someone for us to contact on your behalf.
• Provide information in the format you need, for example Braille or audio CD.
• Security password to keep you safe.
Can I join the Priority Services Register?
You can join our Priority Services Register if you:
• Are dependent on electricity for home medical care, for example a kidney dialysis machine or ventilator.
• Have a chronic illness or short term medical condition; for example you are recovering from a major operation.
• Are disabled.
• Have special communication needs; for example because you are blind, partially sighted, deaf or hard of hearing.
• Have a young baby.
• Receive a state pension.
We realise that some of our customers may need support in other ways during power cuts and so if you have other needs and feel you will need extra help in the event of a power cut, please contact us to discuss.
How to contact us
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to get in touch, and have three options:
Phone: 0800 294 3259
Mobile: 0345 072 1900
Text Phone: 0800 316 5457
We can’t promise your electricity will never go off, but if it does, we will do what we can to make sure you have the support you need, when you need it.
Further information on power cuts, our Priority Services Register and useful advice can be found here on our power cuts pages.