How we recruit
Our recruitment process is designed to match us with the very best candidates, who we believe will succeed at SSE. There are four stages to the process. Let us break it down.
Submit an online application ahead of the vacancy closing date. We’ll need you to attach a CV and tell us about yourself. It’s that simple.
- Situational Judgement Test - This is a short online test where you will be asked to read a short scenario and consider the most appropriate course of action.
- Ability Tests - Successful candidates from the Situational Judgement test will be asked to complete a short ability test based on Numerical, Inductive or Deductive reasoning.
We recommend you try some practice tests to familiarise yourself with the online testing experience. If you need any adjustments to complete these tests, please email us beforehand and we’ll be happy to assist.
If successful in both parts of our online test stage, you will be invited to complete an online video interview. This is a great opportunity to really sell yourself, and you can complete this at a time that best suits you. If you feel a little out of your comfort zone here are some tips:
- Find somewhere quiet where you won’t get distracted. Be sure to switch your phone to silent.
- Get ready. Make sure your surroundings and neat and well-lit with reliable internet connection. Test your audio and webcam in plenty time ahead of the interview.
- Practise makes perfect. Make the most of being able to practise recording your answers. It’ll help with your final take.
- It might feel a little strange but smile and keep focused on the camera. Be yourself, like you would in any other interview.
Successful candidates will be invited to a half day assessment centre held at a regional venue. You’ve made it through three stages, this is your chance to shine in person! The assessment centre will involve a series of exercises which are likely to include a group exercise, presentation and a competency-based interview. You’ll be given plenty notice to prepare and inform us of any special adjustments you require.